How to stop cats spraying?
Spraying is something cats do for different reasons. All cats-- male or female, neutered or not-- will mark out their territory with urine spraying.
Urine spraying can also be a reaction to a stressful situation.
During these situations cats will spray urine to increase their self-assurance, to cope with emotional stress, or as a displacement strategy to soothe itself.
While it is completely normal for cats to spray outdoors, when your cat sprays indoors it is a sign that they are feeling distressed or potentially may need to visit the vet, as 30% of all cats that spray indoors suffer from a medical issue such as cystitis.
Using the Feliway diffuser is an effective way to curb spraying indoors, something that will help your cat feel relaxed and reduce spotting on your walls and furniture.
How to stop your cat from spraying?
- Plug in a Feliway Diffuser in the room the cat frequents most.
- Clean sprayed areas with water & surgical alcohol & allow to dry.
- When dry, spray these areas with Feliway Spray daily to reduce the likelihood of urine spraying.
- Stop spraying Feliway when the cat starts to rub the site with its head.
- If this not observed continue use for at least 1 month.
Use of a Feliway Diffuser can help and stop a relapse in this behaviour.
For more information on this area go to ICC (International Cat Care) '])"} urine spraying cats .