Signs of unhappy cats
How do you know your cat is unhappy?
Cats are very discrete in showing that their needs are not fulfilled.
Understand your cat’s attitude with our tips! Then you will know how to improve your cat’s happiness and wellbeing.
Signs that your cat is unhappy may include:
- Unwanted scratching in your home on door frames, walls, furniture or other prominent objects
- Urine spraying on your walls and furniture, while still using their litter tray. This is a way for them to reinforce their territorial marks.
- Hiding more or staying away from you
- Fighting with other cats in the household
- Losing appetite or getting picky with their usual food
- Being less active
- Over grooming, sometimes so much that there are completely bald areas on their body
- Eating more than normal
If you notice these signs take them seriously. Sometimes they can be quite subtle and easily overlooked. Any of these signs, especially if not normal for your cat may indicate a problem.
Read our tips for a happy catSee more