Signs of unhappy cats
How does your cat tell you it is not completely happy?
Cats are very discrete in showing that their needs are not fulfilled. They tend to hide signs of stress and unhappiness.
Become an expert in reading how your cat is feeling with our top tips! Once you understand your cat, we can teach you how to improve your cat’s happiness and wellbeing.
Signs when your cat is not completely happy may be:
- Scratching in your home on door frames, walls or furniture...
- Spraying on your walls and furniture (while still using their litter tray for urinating). This is a way for them to reinforce their territorial marks.
- Hiding more often in a cupboard, under your bed, or staying away from you.
- If you have 2 or more cats: disputes or fighting with other cats.
- Losing their appetite or getting picky with their usual food.
- Being less active.
- Over grooming, sometimes so much that there are completely bald areas on their body.
- Eating more.
These different signs must be taken seriously when noticed. Sometimes they can be quite subtle and easily missed.
Read our tips for a happy catSee more