DOES YOUR CAT HIDE?
Cat hiding, why and what you can do?
See how FELIWAY helped these cats hide less:
Why do cats hide excessively?
Cats usually hide more when they feel threatened.
Many things can cause hiding:
- People: cats commonly hide from visitors
- Recent changes at home: adding new furniture, remodeling, new baby in the family
- Another pet in the home: cats don’t like sharing resources like litter box, food bowls, etc… This may cause one cat to hide.
- Recent change in your routine: has your usual schedule changed leading you to be busier and less available?
- Also, several medical conditions cause pain or discomfort and maybe a reason for your cat to hide. If you cat spends most of its time hidden, consult your veterinarian.
Wait for your cat to spontaneously come out and ask for cuddling.
Reward your cat, with food or petting, for not hiding during potentially challenging situations. This encourages them to be brave again.
If you have several cats, give each cat their own food bowl, water bowl, litter box, etc. Put them in separate areas to avoid tension caused by competition.
Using FELIWAY CLASSIC Diffuser will help keep your cat feel secure and playful.