Signs of unhappy cats
How does your cat tell you it is not happy?
Cats like to hide the way they feel.
Become an expert in reading your cat’s behavior with our tips! Then you will know how to improve your cat’s happiness and wellbeing.
Signs when your cat is not completely comfortable may be:
- Scratching in your home on door frames, walls, furniture
- Peeing outside the litter box. They may still use the litter box for pooping
- Hiding more often from you or visitors to your house. This change in behavior could indicate fear or anxiety
- 2 or more cats in the household are fighting
- Changes in appetite, either not eating enough or eating too much
- Changes in activity
- Over-grooming, sometimes they can make themselves bald in areas
These changes should be taken seriously. They can be quite subtle and easily overlooked. Any of these signs, especially if it is a new change, is your cat's way to tell you they’re not happy.
Read our tips for a happy catSee more