Signs of unhappy cats
How does your cat tell you it is not completely happy?
Cats are very discrete in showing that their needs are not fulfilled.
Become an expert in reading your cat’s attitude with our tips! Then you will know how to improve your cat’s happiness and wellbeing.
Signs when you cat is not completely comfortable may be:
- Scratching in your home on door frames, walls, furniture...
- Spraying with urine on your walls and furniture, while still using their litter tray. This is a way for them to reinforce their territorial marks.
- Hiding more often in a cupboard, under your bed, or staying away from you.
- If you have 2 or more cats: dispute or fight with other cats.
- Losing appetite or getting picky with their usual food.
- Being less active than usually.
- Over grooming, sometimes so much that there are completely bald areas on their body.
- Eating more than usually.
These different signs must be taken seriously when noticed. Sometimes they can be quite subtle and easily overseen. Any of these signs, especially if new in your cat’s habits, is your cat's way to tell you it is not completely happy.
Read our tips for a happy catSee more