Scratching is a normal cat behaviour. When scratching, they mark their territory. This territory marking is both visible (the scratching lines) and invisible (pheromones).
Take our scratch quiz
When cats are unhappy or do not have a scratching post they may scratch your walls, doors or furniture.
In particular if:
- your cat is scratching in many areas of the house
- your cat is scratching near windows and doors
- you have two or more cats
- your cat has many “cat neighbours” (other cats living close to your home or roaming cats)
- you had recent changes in your home (like new furniture, redecorating or renovating)
Using FELISCRATCH by FELIWAY will help redirect your cat's scratching to an appropriate location - a scratching post. For further comfort, use FELIWAY to support a loving and reassuring atmosphere in your home.
Never spray FELIWAY Spray on the scratching post as it discourages the cat from using it.