DOES YOUR CAT SCRATCH?
HOW TO STOP CAT SCRATCHING?
Why do cats scratch?
Scratching is a normal cat behaviour. When scratching, they mark their territory. This territory marking is both visible (the scratching lines) and invisible (pheromones).
When cats are unhappy or do not have a scratching post they may scratch your walls, doors or furniture.
In particular if:
- your cat is scratching in many areas of the house
- your cat is scratching near windows and doors
- you have two or more cats
- your cat has many “cat neighbours” (other cats living close to your home or roaming cats)
- you had recent changes in your home (like new furniture, redecorating or renovating)
Using FELISCRATCH by FELIWAY will help redirect your cat's scratching to an appropriate location - a scratching post. For further comfort, use FELIWAY to support a loving and reassuring atmosphere in your home.
Never spray FELIWAY Spray on the scratching post as it discourages the cat from using it.